Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing #23

WOW! What a rewarding experience!
What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I liked so many things. I liked finding blogs written by people that have similar interests. Creating my own vidcast and seeing what other teachers had created on TeacherTube was fun. Using del.icio.us to tag sites is very useful.
How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? This program has expanded my view of tech applications in the classroom and I have surprised myself by taking to the blogging. I don't usually get into writing on and on about myself and my own blog needs a lot of work to come up to standards with others, but I have really enjoyed the format and putting myself out there.
Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I am changing jobs this year and going into a support position out of the classroom after 27 years. I hope to go into to classrooms and help teachers develop plans around some of the skills I have learned. I think the idea of adding my blog address to my email signature is a great idea and a place I can write about what I've been doing so that all who care to read it can begin to network with me and other teachers across the district. Without this class I would never have thought to do anything like that.
What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I think taking this class over the summer is ideal. It would have been more difficult to take during the school year. For the most part, the directions for each lesson were clear and easy to follow. Most of the time I had trouble it was my own impatience that had caused the trouble. I think one possibility would be to meet as a cadre to share/troubleshoot in person or somehow encourage more communication among those participating in the class at the same time.
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? YES
How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities? This was truly a worthwhile professional development class. How often can you say that?

4 comments:

VWB said...

Congratulations on completing your summer technology journey. Sounds like you have some great long term plans for using your new tools!
hope you will continue to share with us thru your blog.

sro said...

Thanks. I had a great time doing this! I feel so much smarter!

Blue Eyes blogging said...

Congratulations,sro! I just returned from vacation and replied to your comment about my rollyo ideas.

Hebrews 13:2 said...

Well, ya did it...Congratulations!...Your "Blog" looks very good!...I'm very proud of you!...Now, what are ya going to do with all of your spare time?