Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thing #13

I had been hesitant to tag things in the past, but with this tutorial and exploration I can see the benefits of tagging sites that have a common theme or that are easy to return to. I have a very long list of sites in my "favorites" so I can see this would help clean that up. There are times I read something that is interesting, but I don't really have immediate need for. later, I'll wonder, "Where did I see that?" The tagging system will help me to mark a page and then have some hope of retrieving it later. As far as it being a social network, students can certainly share their resources with others who are in their class or accessing tags from people who have marked sites. There is so much stuff out there, this is at least a starting point for an organized look at what is available on a given topic.

1 comment:

Hebrews 13:2 said...

Sharon...
Thank you for your comment on the Team Hoyt Story "On My Own" blog entry...That was very nice of you...It looks like you're buzzing right along...Your "Blog" is look very good...Keep it up...I hope to complete "Thing #18" tonight; late tonight, probably...If I do one thing a day, I should be finished this Saturday; just in time to start back on Mary's "honey-do list" before I go back to SOMS to start piecing my classroom back together again...Take care of yourself.