Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing # 12

I hope everyone is enjoying their Independence Day holiday, brought to you by U. S. History! I have been reading and commenting on other posts since we began this process. I guess I have never been one to keep my opinions to myself. The suggested readings for this lesson, though, were very helpful and led me off into another voyage of discovery.
I have been reading blog posts about other educators who have begun to integrate technology into their daily classrooms-meaning that they have developed class blogs or wikis with lessons embedded and ways for students to post their work as well as comment on others. I have found some good information, and one really cool thing I found was Voice Thread (see sidebar for information). It allows for a visual post and for comments to be provided both in written and spoken form. I think that would be a very useful tool on a class wiki page. A college professor who apparently was part of a 43 Things class sometime in the recent past posted his journey with a class wiki and spoke of the successes and difficulties he has encountered. http://michalska.wordpress.com/ Vicki Davis, on her Cool Cat Blog http://coolcatteacher.blogspot.com/ also has very in detail information about her award winning wiki and is very good at explaining and showing examples of what has worked for her.
On a completely unrelated search, I went looking for movie reviews because I like to check out DVDs, especially in the summer. I found lots of sites, but most were difficult to read. This one was pretty good. It covered a variety of topics and had a lot of different contributors so you can get a sense of what the movie is about and whether it fits what you are interested in. http://www.moviesvideos.com
Here comes the daily rain shower. I'm going to log off and enjoy a nap!

No comments: