Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #22

Nings are very interesting and shows another way that people have found to get together to share information around a common interest. I liked the Ning for Teachers and found lots of interesting blogs, lesson plans, and ways to connect with other teachers. I tried signing up for the Living History Worldwide ning because you can't see anything on the site without signing in. I have submitted my personal information and now have to wait to receive approval before they will let me sign in to see anything. That was kind of creepy, and the web page had lots of strict rules posted, which makes me think they have have trouble with inappropriate content. I just thought it would be interesting to see re-enactment videos of the American Revolution or Civil War. I'll have to wait for my approval to see if it is really something I want to be a part of. Nings seem to be an area that take lots of hit or miss discovery to locate worthwhile groups.

No comments: