Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing #21

After having read and watched several examples of podcasts and vidcasts that others have done, I have been wary of trying this one. Reading everyone's struggles and successes has helped me to put together a simple podcast. I think students would really get into this kind of activity and would enjoy viewing others' projects. They can make biographies of presidents or a timeline of events, like Steps to the Revolution with narration that gives details and facts.
I made a simple video of birthday pictures (taken on my phone's camera!) from my great niece's 2nd birthday party with photostory 3. It was very easy to use and students would be able to create simple videos with little instruction. Now I'll see if I can successfully embed it here! I can't believe it worked! I got an error message and closed to read other people's tips. One issue was the size. So I saved it again in the format made to attach to an email because it is compressed and takes up less space. When I came back to my blog, here it was waiting for me! I hope it is still there for you all to see! I don't have a microphone so I just used a music choice they provided.

No comments: