Saturday, June 7, 2008

Thing#5


Flickr is a lot of fun and I can see how it can be useful to share photos with friends and family as well as make images available to students. I am always interested in seeing photos from around the world to see different landscapes and views, and yet also notice how we are all alike. Seeing photos of cats, or children, or weddings shows that we are a diverse group of people that really all have the same basic interest, needs and desires.


I chose to download a photo of Ruth the Acrobat because it reminded me of the book I just finished, Water for Elephants. I know this was supposed to be about a topic I teach. I'll do better next time!

3 comments:

Mrs. Meuse said...

Love the image and the photo! Blog on.

Mrs. Meuse said...

Sorry...Love the image and the BOOK!

flying_pig said...

Okay - love the image! AND, I'm getting ready to read "Water for Elephants". Now I have a picture in my head for one of the characters. I think I need to go back and revisit Flickr. I found some great photos, but nothing that cool!