Friday, June 27, 2008

Thing # 9

First let me say that I really enjoyed and appreciated the information in the blog by Cool Cat Teacher. The advice about how to choose the things to include in your blog list
Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use? I went to sites that I have read in the past and looked for the RSS button so I could add it to my Google Reader. For some, I had copy and paste the URL.
Which Search tool was the easiest for you? I Like the Technorati site. It was easy to search. I also used the Topix.net site but it was more mainstream media news and entertainment with lots of ads.
Which was more confusing? Syndic8.com was confusing to me.
What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels? Or what kind of unusual ones did you find? I found some sites dedicated to American History and to educators who teach history.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/historycoalition
http://blog.historians.org/
There are lots of blogs about traveling, and those interest me. I didn't add a lot of new ones tothe reader, because I find that a few good news sites will generally link to others if you are interested in reading simialr articles onthe same subject. Most all news sites have a place for people to post comments. Putting too many in the list will just cause me to tune it all out, I think.

3 comments:

A Special Kind Of Teacher..... said...

I haven't installed the RSS button on my laptop yet, so I've had to go and copy & past the feed. It's a bit of a drag...
I did find a ton of cool stuff on technorati. I enjoy finding blogs on education, and I was very happy with what I found.
As far as what I put on in my reader, I tried to put all of the summer players (but there's sooooo many). It's fun to read what everyone is thinking about these things.

VWB said...

here is one of my favorite blogs overall and has all kinds of history "stuff"
American Presidents Blog http://www.american-presidents.org/

sro said...

Thanks for the feedback. I like to browse through other comments as well. I liked the one that compared each lesson to going down a rabbit hole. That's usually how I feel. I'll add the American Presidents blog to my list, thanks!