Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thing #8

Okay, I've spent several days on this and I have created a newsreader on Google. I have added several blogs and looked through thousands. Then I typed up this scintillating commentary on the whole adventure. Then I clicked off the page without saving and lost the whole thing! I know this will not be as witty as the original, but the gist of it was a recurring theme in my previous entries. There is so much out there-on any subject imaginable! I have a custom Yahoo page that has blogs about the Astros, which is really all I follow regularly. On the Google page I put lots of news sites. I enjoy watching the "fun" videos on all types of subjects. You Tube is insane. People are basically exhibitionists at heart, I guess. I think the political sites will be very interesting to follow in this historic presidential election year.
As for using this with my students, there are applications as far as incorporating writing projects in with their history lessons and networking with other students.
I am a curmudgeon, I guess, because I am not so very interested in ready just anybody's opinion about just any subject. I am more interested in being out there doing things than to read about other people's adventures. I barely have time to read the newspaper that comes to my front door every day. And I am more interested in laying across the bed reading the articles in print than to be hooked to the computer screen. Is that just wrong thinking?

No comments: