Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thing # 7

It amazes me the sheer number of photos on the web! And they are so easy to access, share, and manage. I downloaded Picasa and then uploaded some of my millions of family photos. There are a lot of little ones in our family so I am constantly getting pictures. This is an easy way to organize and share them. Adding a caption right away helps me remember the event. My niece used to maintain a web page with a calendar and photos posted so all the family could access them, but it became difficult to manage. I think blogging would be a much easier medium for her since it is so informal and has so many easy options available. I didn't create anything I am ready to share here.
I can see the Google notebook as a great organizer and time saving device when doing major research projects. Kids love to use Google maps and we have used that tool before to look at the major battlefields of the Civil War.

No comments: